Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Recent Acquisitions to My Library


Since devouring Stephen Oates's Fires of Jubilee: Nat Turner's Fierce Rebellion in one sitting almost twenty years ago, I have been fascinated with reading different interpretations about this important event in American history. I'm looking forward to digesting this "new history" of Nat Turner's rebellion.


I've been reading some very promising reviews of this recently published book on Civil War Medicine. There are many myths and misconceptions about how the medical service operated during the Civil War, so this will hopefully be an enlightening read. A big thanks to my Sweetheart for giving me this and the next book as Christmas presents.


I enjoyed sitting in on a session at a conference when I lived in Kentucky that was led by James DeWolf Perry that discussed the topic of this book. I am pretty sure there will be some good ideas and thought provoking essays to consider in this volume that will help me in my current job.

No comments:

Post a Comment