Wednesday, September 30, 2009

History Meets Pop Culture

I have always been a "to each, his own" type of person. I wouldn't necessarily go out and get a tattoo of the 16th president of the United States on my throat, but hey, who am I to say DeShawn Stevenson of the NBA's Washington Wizards can't do it.

I have no idea why this young man would have a backwards "P" on the side of his face, or why he has a Frankenstein crack inked on his forehead. Maybe if I made almost $4 million a year I would find some unique ways to spend it too. I certainly have no idea why he would choose Abraham Lincoln to put on his neck. Maybe it is to honor the man. I noticed that on either side of Lincoln's countenance are number 5's. So, I'm not sure if this is a tribute to the five dollar bill or to the Great Emancipator. DeShawn is number 2 on the court, so I guess he is not making a statement about his number.

No doubt it would be a great conversation starter. And if Mr. Stevenson is looking for endorsements, maybe he will get a call from Subway to do a "Five dollar foot long" commercial. Well, as I began, "to each, his own."

No comments:

Post a Comment