Monday, March 1, 2021

Recent Acquisitions to My Library


Things were a little slow this month in terms of expanding my library. However, I did pick up some gems.

The Black Civil War Soldier: A Visual History of Conflict and Citizenship by Deborah Willis brings a bounty of period photographic images (many seldom seen) and numerous documentary excerpts that provide an excellent look at the United States Colored Troops experience. 

  


Clara Barton is one of those Civil War-era personalities that I just haven't taken the time to get to know better. I'm hoping that Donald C. Pfanz's Clara Barton's Civil War: Between Bullet and Hospital provides me with a better understanding of this important figure that I've always admired from afar. I'm particularly interested in learning more about her experience while ministering to the wounded at Point of Rocks hospital during the Petersburg Campaign. 



Kenneth Noe's The Howling Storm: Weather, Climate, and the American Civil War is a book that I've been hearing about for quite some time. I was so happy to hear about its recent release, and even happier to grab a copy for my library. At almost 700 pages it is sure to be the go to source on this subject for quite some time. 

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment