Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Five Years of Random Thoughts


I apologize for the lack of posts over the last few days. I took an extended-weekend vacation that got extended even more than planned due to polar vortex number 435 (at least it seems we've had that many this winter). I promise I will get caught up and have the usual 15 or 16 posts for the month.

With that all said, I'd like to congratulate myself. Today is the fifth anniversary of "Random Thoughts on History." When I started my blog back on March 4, 2009, I lived in Petersburg, Virginia, and had just lost my public history position in the wake of the recession of 2008. In the time since I have made a move to Kentucky, which has offered me a wealth of opportunities to learn more that I ever could imagine. I never expected to keep Random Thoughts going for as long as I have, but it has become something I really enjoy doing, and hopefully people still find it enjoyable and educational to read.

If you do enjoy reading my posts I would like to take a moment to encourage you to share Random Thoughts with your fiends, family, and colleagues. One of the things I would like to see more on here are readers comments. I know some of the topics I post about are obscure, but if you find the information intriguing, or if you have a different point of view than the one I present, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Lastly, I'd also like to make you aware of the search box on the top left of the home page. Over the past five years I have posted on plethora of issues, topics, and books, so if there is something you are looking for, do a quick search and see if I have commented on a topic.

Thanks again for your continued reading!

Best,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment